While I do have a very nice phone already, the Sony Ericsson K800i, I’ve decided to look for a new one, with a certain array of features:
- 802.11b/g/n support (n isn’t important, but definitely appreciated),
- Large touch screen (preferable with multi touch)
- Ability to install a PDF reader if not available by default—I want it to work as my eBook reader
- Ability to play ogg vorbis files, or to install an application that will
- Preferably one running Linux (fat chance)
- Ability to sync with Evolution somehow.
Has anyone got any idea where to find this? I’ve had a look at the Nokia N800 tablet, which runs a variant of Debian… only to discover it hasn’t got a phone.
I’ve also looked at the OpenMoko phone, Neo1973, but it doesn’t seem like it’s living up to its hype, and there isn’t even a proper version of it out yet (though there is one due in December).
What are your suggestions?
Lasse Havelund on October 16th, 2007